Monday, 21 March 2016

Mustard Mushrooms on Toast

It’s been many months since I’ve had any inkling to blog a post. It’s very hard to keep sitting down to write about recipes, restaurants and food articles in general when you have a full time job. But, I need to get my act into gear and so this is my first small article in a very long time.

I really enjoy at the weekend having a nice breakfast. Of course, a full English is the best, but too many are not only bad for you, but also boring to have every weekend. So, it’s nice to have a variety and my recent enjoyment is a simple dish of mushrooms on toast. Over the months I’ve tried to add different ingredients to see if it can enhance the flavours and my favourite is just adding one ingredient, mustard.

You can use different mushrooms, closed cap, chestnut, field and have a variety of them together. As to mustard my favourite is Dijon, as it’s not so strong, but I do occasionally use English if I want the mushrooms to have a bit of a kick.
When it comes to toast, I’ve tried sliced white, wholemeal, but I’ve found that a fancier bread works best and my favourite is spelt bread, which you can see in the pictures.

Apologies, but I couldn't wait to take a picture and had to eat some of the lovely buttered toast, before it became cold :-)

1½tsp mustard
10g butter
150g mushroom

2 slices of spelt bread toasted.
(serves 2)

No comments: