Sunday, 19 August 2012

GBBO Competition



I have recently received a copy of the new book The Great British Bake Off “How To Turn Everyday Bakes into Showstoppers” It's in the same style as it's previous two books with some great signature bakes and technical challenges by Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood and also some showstopper bakes from the contestants. The book is broken down into chapters, such as cakes, biscuits and tarts etc. With the last chapter covering the basics. With most of the recipes are beautifully pictures on how the bake should come out and overall a great book on improving your baking skills.

Judges: Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry
If you've read my blog you'll know that I am not the best baker in the world, in fact I would say I am a disaster baker, with few baking skills, but they are improving, albeit very slowly. For me, personally, the recipes are far to advance and I would get very frustrated in trying them out. I have only just managed to bake the basic Victoria sponge, so there is no way I am going to be able to bake the wonderful looking jubilee cake for a long time. This doesn't mean I won't at some point in my baking live, but not just yet.

See my baking disasters here, One, Two and finally a Success

If you would like to win a copy of this great book, then follow the instructions on the rafflecopter below and good luck.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

6 comments:

MaryMoh said...

Wonderful to know that you have started baking. I'm sure I will see more wonderful desserts from you soon. That's a wonderful book to have. I love Mary Berry's cookbook. Now I hope luck comes my way :D Thanks very much for the giveaway,

Donkey said...

Baking still makes me nervous, but hopefully after time I'll get more confidence. You never know I might even enter the GBBO it's self - yeah right....

Choclette said...

Great giveaway, would love a copy of this book.

Helen at Casa Costello said...

I was flicking through this book yesterday but had sadly gone out without my purse. Gutted as I was so tempted to buy! To win would be even better ;-)

Annes S said...

As one of the daily positive mantras I have scribbled down says - it is not a 'disaster' more a learning experience and an opportunity to learn and to grow!

Persevere, never let something get the better of you! Baking is very forgiving once you get the basic elements correct x

Donkey said...

If I didn't enjoy cooking and baking so much, I would have given up by now. but I will carry on regardless. Also that is what it's all about, learning from your mistake...but sometimes it's easier to buy than bake :-) lol haha