Thursday, 12 April 2012

Carrot and Beetroot Salad


I was being lazy the other day and bought a quiche, I should have made one, but really couldn't be bothered. I'd had a busy day of being at the studio of the Wright Stuff on Channel 5, done a 9km run and made some bread, so I thought I am going to cheat and just buy a quiche.

With quiche we always have different side salads and this is a fresh and tasty one with a nutty bite. The sweet flavour of the carrots blends well with the earthy fresh beetroot and the toasted pine nuts add a nutty crunch.

  • 25g pine nuts
  • 2 carrots, grated
  • 1 beetroot, peeled and grated
  • Juice of 1 lemon


Put the pine nuts in a pan and toast, keeping an eye on them so they don't burn, once toasted let them cool down

Place the grated carrots and beetroot in a bowl, stir in the pine nuts and lemon juice.

No comments: