Monday, 20 February 2012

Pork and Soup


This is one of my mother inlaws dishes that my other half loves, as he had this dish as a kid. It's quick and easy with no major amount of cooking, so it’s perfect for my friend Fireman Sam. I don't like the original version which uses tomato soup, as I'm not a fan of tomato soup, but the great thing about this dish is you can use different soups and different herbs. At the bottom of this post I've added other soups and herbs that could be used. Oh I forgot to say, it's tinned soup- I did say it was easy!

  • 2 pork chops (fat removed)
  • 1tsp olive oil
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 400g tin of mushroom soup
  • 1tsp dried tarragon (you can of course use fresh)
  • Black pepper to season


Bring the heat up on a frying pan and add the pork chops to brown, then remove from the pan and set aside, keeping them warm.

Turn down the heat, add the oil and the onions and cook until the onions are soft.

Return the pork chops and add the mushroom soup and tarragon. Stir together and put a lid on and cook for 20 minutes or until the chops are cooked. Season with the pepper.

Serve with plain boiled rice.

Other versions are:

Tomato Soup and Sage
Celery Soup and thyme or tarragon
Cream of Chicken soup and rosemary
Potato and Leek soup and oregano

No comments: