Tuesday, 24 January 2012

My Last Supper



I have often spoken to friends over the years what would be your last supper be. For me this would be no competition, roast chicken, with roast potatoes, stuffing, and vegetables, see simple. It was roast chicken that pulled me away from 12 years of vegetarianism. I have stuck to this last supper nearly all my live. For me, it's very difficult to see how a meal could get better. Moist roast chicken with crispy skin,the sage and onion stuffing inside the chicken that has had chicken juices flowing through it. Roast potatoes that have a crispy and crunchy outer layer and soft fluffy inside and served with lashing of gravy and firm vegetables, a perfect last supper.

But, this is now being challenged. I have just made another curried goat (see original entry HERE) and whilst I have been preparing it I realised that this is becoming my favourite meal. I love the meaty flavour from the goat, that has been marinating in Jamaican curry powder, all purpose spices and lime, then cooked for 3-4 hours in the juices which have had added, garlic, ginger, scotch bonnet and vegetable stock, just gorgeous

The roast chicken is just in front, but barely and I think after a few more curried goats it will come out in front I'll just have to cooking a lot more of both meals.

Let me know what your last supper would be and why, as I would love to hear from you.


No comments: