Monday, 23 January 2012

Heston Blumenthall's Boiled Egg - Attempt Number 2

I tried again to attempt to make a soft boiled eggs based on Heston Blumenthalls version - see original attempt HERE. Instead of letting the egg sit in the boiled water for 6 minutes I did it for 5 minutes and 15 seconds. This attempt was better and the yolk was soft at the top but still hard at the bottom - so maybe third time lucky, I will let you know.


The way Heston says to make an perfect boiled egg is to place the  egg into a pan of cold water, bring to the boil. As soon as the water is boiling take the pan off the heat and let the egg sit for 6 minutes.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Mine went hard at 6 mins too :( Not so perfect...

Donkey said...

I am going to try again but my timing is going to be 4 minutes 30 and will post the results. Looks like its going to be the usual 3 minute boiled egg, which is what I was always told.