- 10g of pine nuts
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, chopped with seeds (if you don't like it too spicy remove the seeds)
- 1tsp olive oil
- 20g each of pea, sweet corn (frozen is best)
- nam pla (fish sauce)
- 1 heaped tsp of miso paste
- 300ml of cold water
- approx 2-3g of dried seaweed
- 1 pack of noddles
Add the sweet corn, peas and stir, after two minutes and then add 5-8 splash of nam pla, (be careful as to much can over power the dish), then add the miso paste and stir it all together for another minute.
Then add the cold water and the dried seaweed (it's very hard to say how much, because it swells in the liquid). Bring to the boil and then add the noddles and cook until soft and then serve.
The recipe above is a very standard list and I said earlier I add other vegetables etc. In fact today's version didn't have any of the listed vegetables, I used mushroom, red pepper, cabbage as were in my fridge and they needed to be used - that is how simple and versatile the dish is.
Squid Brand Fish Sauce 720Ml
Wel-Pac Wakame Dried Seaweed 57g
Hikari Light Miso Paste, Shiro to make Miso Soup (400g)