Thursday, 22 September 2011

Angela Harnett's "A Taste of Home"


RRP £25

I am becoming a yes man and I don't like it, but what am I going to do? I have just received a copy of Angela Harnett's 'A Taste of Home' recipe book today. After a quick glance, as I had to go out about 15 minutes after it was delivered, there appeared to be some great recipes. I so want to do a recipe and be able to say 'horrible it doesn't work.' But it doesn't appear that is going to happen with this book. Although I only had a quick scan. But how are you going to rubbish Irish stew, grilled squid and tomato salsa?


The book is broken down into 9 headings including snacks, soups, pies, gratins and desserts. There do appear to be some amazing recipes. Under the snack headings there where a few that bounced out, clams with chorizo and rocket, crab fritters and then sardines on toast - and they are just recipes 3, 4 and 5 in the book! So what else am I going to find? 


Whilst writing this article I thought I would just open any page of the book, to see if I could pick out something I didn't like or doesn't do anything for me. I opened the book to a recipe for Sausages with Lentils and Herbs. There is no way I am going to hate this because the recipe is similar to the recipe I blogged a few days ago. So, I will try again- how does Rigatoni with Fennel and Sausage sound? Sounds good to me.....aaarrggghhh. Am I ever going to get to cook something from Rick Stein's Spain?

I do have a little something to moan about (yyyeeeaaahhh).There are not a lot of pasta dishes and that was something I was expecting, seeing as pasta is Angela's forte. But then again it was my expectation- damn!

No comments: