Sunday, 17 July 2011

Mediterranean Cod

In the section on my blog, about me, I state that I don't make up my own recipes, but guess what, this is one that I created. It's very fresh, light and very healthy and I have a feeling is going to become a favourite.

serves 2

2 pieces of cod (actually most fish will do)
olive oil
20 cherry tomatoes
1 courgette
1 red pepper
black olives
capers (not in salt)
fresh tarragon
salt and peer

Slice the courgette and red pepper and place in a casserole dish with the cherry tomatoes and mix in the olive oil, tarragon, salt and pepper. Place, with out a lid, in a pre-heated oven of 180C and cook for about 15 minutes. Then lay the cod on top of the vegetables, put the lid on and cook for another 10-12 minutes, then add the olives, capers and add some more chopped tarragon and cook for a further 10  minutes. Then, my favourite part – serve and eat....

I server this with new potatoes and asparagus.

No comments: